A conservative view on history as we make it

Monday, March 13, 2006

Tornados Kill 10 but Unfortunately Come Nowhere Near Me

Scores of tornadoes whipped across the midwestern United States, killing at least 10 people, while a massive wildfire left seven people dead in Texas, officials and local media reported.

"There was a storm system that moved through the central US that brought everything from tornadoes to heavy snow to flooding in some areas," Pat Slattery, a spokesman for the National Weather Service, told AFP.

"Missouri had more tornadoes in one day then they usually have in a season," he said, adding that the weather service had not yet confirmed the state's 110 tornado reports.
- The Drudge Report (3/13/2006)


Yeah, I stayed up all night Sunday waiting for the supercell that was tearing through Missouri. It had a history of large hail and strong rotation and for hours was prompting tornado warnings from Oklahoma to the Ozarks in Missouri. I was almost praying that it would hit me. (I'm not crazy, I just wanted to get in my car and chase it.) As soon as it got within 50 miles, the rogue cell which was ahead of the main squall line began to turn in a more northeasterly direction straight towards not only my county but my town. I was so happy for a few minutes until the tornado warnings started getting replaced with severe thunderstorm warnings and finally no warning at all. As the light rain began to fall, I cursed the random workings of our climate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google
 
Web The Charging Elephant